This leek and potato tart is a savory dish that can be served for brunch or as an appetizer before dinner. Enjoy this vegetarian dish warm. If you have leftovers, cut them in slices, wrap them in aluminum foil, and freeze for an easy portioned breakfast.
When cooking with leeks, use only the white and pale green parts. Discard the dark green tops. I used a mandolin to slice the potatoes and then I quartered them. Cutting them smaller helps to soften them up quicker when baking.
I wanted to mix the parsley in with the milk, egg, and cheese, but I completely forgot about it until right as I put the tart in the oven, so I just sprinkled it on top. It still turned out very good.
Leek and Potato Tart
- 1 prebaked pie crust
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 sm-med potatoes, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 375. Saute leeks, potatoes, garlic and onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the cheese, milk, and egg.
- Pour the potato mixture in the pie crust. Pour the milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake 35-40 minutes.