My grandparents have made Asparagus Spaghetti every year for as long as I can remember. On more than one occasion, I have helped myself to three servings of this delicious dish. This recipe uses two items from this week’s CSA share: asparagus and green onions. Also, I promise my food photography skills will get better as my blog progresses.
- 1 pound Angel Hair or Spaghetti
- 1 pound asparagus
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cut asparagus in ½” diagonal pieces. Boil in salt water for 3 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to the directions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Saute the bacon in a pan until it is crispy. Add the onions, pepper, and asparagus to the pan.
- Add the butter and cream to the pasta. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Toss all together.